It was an awful film.
That's an awful colour.
This is really an awful movie.
The room is (in) an awful mess.
The weather is awful today.
The pain was awful.
The smell was absolutely awful.
The appearance of the giant was truly awful.
I feel awful about forgetting her birthday.
I feel awful about not inviting her.
I'm awful at remembering names.
The situation is awful for all of us.
His sufferings were awful to see.
It was awful to see him in such pain.
It was awful to work there.
It is awful working there.
It was awful that they were reprimanded because of my mistake.
It's awful that we had to go through with it.
She was awful nice.
She's awful cute.
Clint is awful smart.
I was awful surprised.
1. I don't know how often I heard the same awful jokes.
2. I've got an awful lot of work to do.
3. The helicopter turned at an awful angle before righting itself.
4. Between you and me, though, it's been awful for business.
5. These guys talk an awful load of old cobblers.
6. Even if the weather's awful there's lots to do.