It's a scandal for a city official to take tax money for his own use.
I heard a bit of scandal about your friend.
His theft from the shop caused scandal in the village.
A corruption scandals led to the fall of the government.
1. His government began to unravel because of a banking scandal.
2. There were fears he would be dragged down by the scandal.
3. The cast of characters in the scandal is bewilderingly large.
4. The industry minister described the affair as "an absolute scandal".
5. What went on was a scandal. It was a disgrace to Britain.
6. The scandal stories satisfy people's curiosity for a few hours.